Room of Requirement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Potterheads to relax, earn points, and have fun!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The point system

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
beatrix
Ravenclaw
beatrix

Character sheet
Name:: Beatrix
House:: Ravenclaw

The point system Empty
PostSubject: The point system   The point system EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 4:49 pm

I think Squee will wear herself out if she goes through every post and posts that a house is getting points. Is there any way that you can just view the posts that have happened during the day and count them up so that you my dear would be able to join the community?
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Cluex
Headmistress
Headmistress Cluex

Character sheet
Name::
House::

The point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: The point system   The point system EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 5:41 pm

beatrix wrote:
I think Squee will wear herself out if she goes through every post and posts that a house is getting points. Is there any way that you can just view the posts that have happened during the day and count them up so that you my dear would be able to join the community?

Well, I started doing the edit when I realized I was counting some posts twice. I'm trying to figure out a system where it would be easier for me and the soon-to-be staff. I just haven't figured it out yet.
Back to top Go down
https://seventhfloorcorridor.forumotion.com
beatrix
Ravenclaw
beatrix

Character sheet
Name:: Beatrix

The point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: The point system   The point system EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Headmistress Cluex wrote:
beatrix wrote:

Well, I started doing the edit when I realized I was counting some posts twice. I'm trying to figure out a system where it would be easier for me and the soon-to-be staff. I just haven't figured it out yet.

Why not look at the profiles and see how many posts they have instead and just multiply it by 5? I think it would be easier that way. Just lookin out for you squee hun!
Back to top Go down
Headmistress Cluex
Headmistress
Headmistress Cluex

Character sheet
Name::
House::

The point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: The point system   The point system EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Bela reminded me of the Point System built into the Forum. That is what I'm using now. Basically, everyone is earning points and it is automatically adding to their account. Each week, I will add the points earned and use that as the House Tally. Much easier that way.
Back to top Go down
https://seventhfloorcorridor.forumotion.com
Genghismike
Gryffindor
Genghismike

Character sheet
Name:: Genghis Mike
House:: Gryffindor

The point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: The point system   The point system EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:04 am

Hm, you can make a "Confirmations Thread" like the one on RotK. Someone does something they know gets them points? They post the link to the thread in the confirmations thread along with a quick note as to what it is that they've done that needs points. That way rather than looking through the entire site, you can just go to the confirmations, click the link, and go straight there. Save you the hassel ultimately of having to dig through posts.

-AWESOME IDEA, 100 POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR!!- xD
Back to top Go down
Natsumehack
Ravenclaw
Natsumehack

Character sheet
Name:: Nyx(Alice)

The point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: The point system   The point system EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Does the member with the most points earn anything extra?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The point system Empty
PostSubject: Re: The point system   The point system Empty

Back to top Go down

The point system
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Room of Requirement :: The Sorting Hat :: Problems/Suggestions-
Jump to: